JL Mitchener is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 public school in the Grand Erie District School Board.
School Bell Times:
1st Block: 8:50 – 10:50
Nutrition Break: 10:50-11:10
2nd Block: 11:30 – 12:50
Nutrition Break: 12:50-1:10
3rd Block: 1:30 – 3:10
Reminders from the office …
We ask that you sign your students in and or out in case of an emergency. This way we can make sure of the students whereabouts.
- If you are bringing your child to school late, sign in at the office.
- If you are picking your child up early, please sign them out at the office .
- If you have someone other than yourself to pick up your child, please send a note to the school.
- If you have someone home ill, please call the school and leave a message on the school’s voicemail. Please leave your child’s name, grade and teachers name & why they are off.
- If you are picking them up early, please send a note or call the school before 2:00 p.m.
School office hours are 8:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Message from Mrs. Lougheed
Welcome to a fantastic year of learning at J.L. Mitchener!
Our focus for this year is M. A. T. H. We’re going to learn math, talk about math, build with math, communicate our ideas about math….. it’s all about the M A T H!
Here are 7 beliefs we have about Math:
1) Everyone can learn math to a high level
2) Mistakes in Math are very valuable, when we work to understand our mistakes our brain actually GROWS (What??? You don’t celebrate your mistakes? We do.)
3) Asking questions about our Math and asking other people about their thoughts about Math is really important
4) Math is about creativity and making sense, not just learning procedures
5) Math is about connections and communicating: we can represent math with words pictures, graphs and build structures as engineers and scientists do
6) Thinking deeply about Math is so much better than being speedy
7) Math takes time to learn…. If we keep at it we will definitely get it, we just don’t have it “YET”. Let’s celebrate what we do know and then build on it.*