Click here to view a PDF of the May JLM School Newsletter… a hard copy should be making it’s way home today!
- Don’t forget to sign up for the SCHOOL remind (different from your child’s classroom teacher’s account) – text @0a39f to 778 402 1126
- Congratulations to Patty, our long-time Kindergarten volunteer who will be recognized later this month for her service to our school with an Ontario Volunteer Service award
- Congratulations also to Mrs. Gloyd and Brayden T. who have been selected to receive awards from the Council for Exceptional Children Haldimand-Norfolk-Brant with the Paraprofessional of the Year Award and the Student Achievement Award
- Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday for a test drive or to visit the book & vendor fair! Over $3500 was raised!! Wow – thanks especially to our hard working SAC for organizing this event!
- Family Zumba is THIS FRIDAY, May 5 – 6:30-7:30 on the blacktop – it’s FREE with refreshments and a raffle!
- Our next SAC meeting is May 23 – 6pm in the library – please join us!
- See a note about “13 Reasons” on Netflix on page 2 – if you’d like a copy of the letter, please contact the school
- See page 3 for Math Moments
EDUCATION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
- Grades 3-8 enjoyed a baseball clinic on Monday as part of Education Week
- Primary students visited the French Café, hosted by the Grdae 5/6’s to get a taste of some tasty foods, served in French.
- We saw some great socks, wacky outfits, and more for our Dr. Seuss Spirit Days – thanks for participating!
DATES TO NOTE:
- May 18 – Track & Field begins (track events) – Rain date: May 23
- May 19 – Field events, Track finals
- May 24 – Gr.8 to Destination College
- May 26 – Jump Rope for Heart
- May 29 – June 2 – Grade 3 & 6 EQAO
- June 7 – Super Meet (HHS) – Rain date: June 8
- June 9 – PD Day
- June 13 – Freedom Runners to Tim Horton’s Field – Rain date: June 15
- June 16 – School Fun Fair (middle block)
- June 19-21 – Grade 8 to Brock
- June 23 – last day of Breakfast Club
- June 27 – Grade 8 Graduation
- June 28 – Recognition Assembly and Family BBQ (from Parent Council & cooked by firefighters) – 11am