Did you know the Transportation Department is around all summer?
If you are moving, changing childcare locations or in need of transportation information, you can contact their staff by calling 519 752 7532 or emailing email@example.com
Information will be available on the portal as of August 15 – log-in to find your transportation details for the coming school year then.
Also, you can download an app that will tell you when buses are delayed or cancelled for any reason.
Fun Fair is rapidly approaching on June 16 … we are looking for some donations for the garage sale and penny raffle – new toys, gift certificates, or anything that our school aged children would be excited to win are appropriate!
A list of activities will come home next Monday so you can plan with your child and send in a reasonable amount of spending money.
Monday, June 12 is the day for JLM’s Canada 150 picture …
If you are in these grades, wear RED:
Grade 2, 4, 6, 8, & Mrs. Burrow’s Kindergarten
If you are in these grades, wear WHITE:
Grade 1, 3, 5, 7 & Mrs. Smith’s Kindergarten
Don’t go out and buy a shirt – just turn one you have inside out if needed! Logos & seams won’t show!
Here is your June edition of Talk It Up!
Click here for the PDF: Talk It Up June
Click HERE to view a PDF of the June school newsletter.
- Volunteer requirements for September – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Training is now mandatory (Click here for the link to the Grand Erie website with more info)
- Food days are now finished for the school year
- Volunteer Tea is on June 21 at 1pm
- check out the Jump Rope for Heart slideshow on the school TV by the office
- $3470 was raised from the Test Drive Day – thanks Ford Canada!
- Volunteers are needed for the Breakfast Program! Call the school to get involved 🙂
- June 6 – Oshweken Speedway Car visits (more info to come)
- June 7 – Water & Sun Safety Training (Grades K-3/4)
- June 9 – PA Day
- June 13 – SAC meeting
- June 15 – Bike, Blades & Boards / Helmet Safety (Grade 2)
- June 16 – FUN FAIR! 11:30-12:50 *see notes on back page of newsletter about costs, games and donations
- June 26 – report cards go home
- June 28 – Recognition Assemblies and Family BBQ (JK-2: 10:00; BBQ: 11:00; Grade 3-8 11:45)
IT’S ALMOST HERE!
This Saturday, April 29, JLM is hosting a “Drive for your school” event with Winegard Motors.
From 9-5, you can come to JLM and test drive a vehicle while raising money for our school. For every test drive, Ford Canada will donate $20!
Visit forddrive4ur.ca to find the event and pre-register.
Parent Council is also hosting a vendor fair in the gym from 10-2. Come check out some great sale items!
Lastly, there will be a BOOK FAIR in the Library, so make sure to check that out too!